Electric Sector Research
Recent Events and Publications
Valuing Distributed Energy: Economic and Regulatory Challenges
Working paper for Princeton Roundtable (April 26, 2013) hosted by Columbia University and Princeton University
By: TRAVIS BRADFORD and ANNE HOSKINS
- Download Final Summary and Conclusions from Event here : DE Summary Paper – Final
- Download Final Pre-Conference White Paper here: DE Whitepaper FINAL-0426
Debate on Net Metering Costs and Benefits
GTM Solar Summit 2012 (Phoenix, AZ):
Prometheus Institute Original Research
Prometheus Institute and Greentech Media analysts produce original reports and research briefs. Our results are reliable, our analysis objective, and our methodology rigorous and transparent.
- The Greentech Innovations Report
- Forecasting the Future of Ocean Power
- Thin-Film PV 2.0: Market Outlook Through 2012
- Polysilicon: Supply, Demand and Implications for the PV Industry
- Concentrating Solar Power – Technology, Cost, and Markets
- PV Technology, Production and Cost, 2009 Forecast
- PV Innovation in North America
Now in its 26th year, PV News is the PV industry’s oldest newsletter. Each month it brings original data, stories, and insight into the trends affecting the PV industry. PV News provides industry participants and observers with news stories and primary data from around the world on companies, markets, and technologies.
Written by Travis Bradford and published by MIT Press, this book predicts an inevitable shift to solar energy that will transform everyday life as radically as did the last century’s revolutions in information and communication technologies. In the past three decades computers and telephones have become decentralized and wireless. Solar energy will do the same for the energy industry, using nearly identical semiconductor technologies and for the same economic reasons, by harnessing the nearly limitless energy from the sun.